Fancy meeting you here! I’m so glad that you want to learn more about improving your brand and that is exactly what you’ll learn how to do with “The Biz of Branding” blog series. Ok, enough with the small talk…let’s dive right in!!
These days, consumers have so many messages being thrown their way, that in the time it takes for them to order a non-fat skinny soy milk latte, a decision can been made on whether they identify with and want to do business with your brand.
Branding, according to Entrepreneur Magazine, “is a marketing strategy that involves creating a differentiated name and image — often using a logo and/or tag line — in order to establish a presence in the consumer’s mind and attract and keep customer.”
To make their jobs a bit easier it is important to remember that there should be cohesive design line that is intertwined throughout the entire visual presence of your business in every way. Of course, you have to follow up by keeping the promise your brand is offering…but let’s take it one step at a time 🙂
So what are they?
Here are three easy ways to instantly increase the visual cohesiveness of your brand to establish, attract and keep your customer!
Establish your Audience:
I know, I know. You’ve already been there and got the T-Shirt from countless articles and blog posts that mention how important defining your audience is to the success of your brand and my opinion is no different. It is important to know who you are marketing to for your brand message to be the most effective. Who wants to put in all of the back work to receive inquires that are not going to bring you financial freedom..umm NOT me!
Things to think about when determining your audience:
- Where does your customer hang out?
- What are the things he/she does in their leisure time?
- What stores do they shop in?
- What other businesses do they patronize?
Answering these questions, will help you narrow down your customer’s aesthetic, the way they see beauty, to determine how to design your brand. Check it out!
Have some fun with your brand! Click on this collage to be directed to the Polyvore site to create your own!
Keep It Simple:
How many times have you been super excited to learn about a brand but shortly clicked away because of visual clutter? Go on, raise your hand… It happens to everyone. If your audience is attracted but does not understand your brand..trust me they won’t stick around! Keeping your visuals as clean as possible allows the consumers eye to rest on what you intentionally want them to focus on. I’ll give you an example.
After I defined my audience, built the color palette and obtained a logo, it was time to let people know about it. When constructing my website my goal was to K.I.S. (Keep It Simple). Clean photography and minimal verbiage on my landing and home pages allowed for my potential customers to IMMEDIATELY know who I was and what I offered. Easy navigation and premium content support the impact of any clean and attractive website, as well (spoiler alert for my next post!). I put together a sneak peek for ya below!
Hire a Professional:
If you can put the headache off on someone else and you have the budget? Why not?! (You had to know I’d throw this one in!) Trust me your headache is someone else’s passion. The time you spend exhausting yourself trying to find just the right font or the right colors for your brand, could be better spent delegating those tasks to free your creative energy for what you love to do the most.
There are extreme benefits
in hiring a professional to create or recreate your visual brand identity and in classic southern hospitality (I’m from up North!) I have provided a few below.
- Saves Time: Cannot stress this enough. The ability to delegate is a crucial part of being a successful business owner. The fact is, you can’t do it all by yourself. Still not convinced, think about this equation; Saving Time (is greater than or equal to) Saving Money! BOOM
- Professional, High-Quality Images: In today’s technology driven world, more and more often consumers are basing their attraction to brands off the quality of their visuals. NO one will be impressed with your low resolution logo, trust me. A professional graphic designer has invested in state-of-the-art programs to bring their clients the highest quality of imagery possible.
- Keeps you Competitive: You want for your product and/or service to stand out against your competition. When you hire a graphic designer, you are essentially hiring their innovative thought. Graphic designers study trends and use that knowledge along with their own unique perspective to bring a look and feel to your brand that will not only please you but your customer as well.
Show us how you’ve applied the above tips by using the hashtag #PPTheBizofBranding. And of course comment below if you have any specific questions for me on building your brand better!